Saturday, July 7, 2012

Segway Adventure

A Groupon offer convinced me to try a segway tour for the first time and I loved it! In fact we didn’t want to end!  Although due to a flat tire our tour started 15-20 minutes late, we still had the same amount of time on the tour.  Departing from the Convention Center, we followed our guide all throughout the city on a 90 minute tour. 

The tour included Oregon District, UD, cemetery, Brown Street, Riverscape, and all along the river.

I was a little worried about balance, steering and speed prior to trying it but I was able to pick it up pretty quickly.  It felt like gliding most of the time.   Because all your pressure is in your feet, my feet did get tired after a little bit but we stopped and took a break for a few minutes.  As we rode around, our tour guide pointed out different city landmarks and commented on new things the city was planning.

I enjoyed seeing the city through a different view point and trying something new.  I can’t wait to do it again in another city.  Although it was a little pricy the experience was wonderful!

The company schedules tours on a weekly basis but reservations are needed to reserve a spot.

No comments: