Friday, January 13, 2012

"Merrimint" in a cup

So after I got off work today the snowy weather made me want to drink something warm.  So I decided to try out another local coffee shop.  I had driven by Saxby's a few times and one of my friends recommended it so I decided I would bring a friend and make it an adventure.

I LOVED IT!! My friend ordered a pecan pie flavored Chai tea and she let me try some.  It was yummmmmy!! I had a "Merrimint" (hot chocolate with peppermint and white chocolate).  It was sweet and delicious...almost a desert in itself. 

I really liked the way the place was decorated too. The coffee shop was in a shopping center but you would think it was a stand alone when you walk in. The walls were painted warm colors and there were multiple people in there with laptops and books. There were multiple seating areas though so it didn't seem overcrowded like some coffee shops do. There was music playing over the intercom but it wasn't too loud or distracting. It was such a clean and peaceful place.

I foudn out that Saxby's Coffee is actually a franchise based out of Denver, Colorado with locations mostly in the western and mid western United States.

I think what really convinced me I loved the place was when I saw this sign:

                                   
This saying, "Try something new, you might just like it.  Smile and start your day fresh." This could be my slogan!

Do you know of any coffee shops in the Dayton area I should try out? It is that time of year where a cozy environment and hot drink always sound good! I'm making my list so I check them all out.

Saxbys Coffee on Urbanspoon

No comments: