Saturday, April 28, 2012

Pearl Bay Thai & Asian

One of my friends at work suggested we try out a Thai restaurant she had heard about so for lunch one day we went to Pearl Bay Thai & Asian in Fairborn.  We got there around 11:15 so were able to beat the lunch crowd and were seated fairly quickly.  However that may have been the only quick part about the whole time we were there. 

The menu isn’t too extensive but sometimes that’s better than overwhelming.  I ordered the Ginger chicken lunch special with yellow rice and my friend ordered the Pad Thai with tofu.  The food came to our table in good time however, the server brought out her dish a good 5 min before mine which was kinda awkward since there were just the two of us.  My rice was a little cold and the dish rather spicy although I ordered a “1” on the spiciness level.  Overall it tasted alright but if I went back to this place I wouldn’t order the same thing.
I had to specifically ask for a refill and our waitress seemed really scattered and rushed every time we interacted with her.  We ordered bubble teas to go.  Mine was a sweet green tea and I would definitely order that again. 
For good Thai food I’d make the trip to Thai 9 before I would eat at Pearl Bay again.  It was ok but nothing exciting to share about…except for the green bubble tea. J
Pearl Bay Thai & Asian on Urbanspoon

No comments: