Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Angry Pepper


While in Nashville visiting some friends I went to dinner at the Solairo Mexican restaurant in the Gaylord Opryland Hotel. 
The homemade guacamole was AMAZING!!! The fajitas I ate for dinner were delicious as well and came as a very generous serving.  Our waiter provided excellent service throughout the night including warning us about the “angry peppers” that were on our plates.  He said they were really spicy.  Well initially only two people in our group tried them.  One person made faces, the other started crying uncontrollably and tried eating and drinking different things to make the burn go away. 

Well one of my friends convinced me to try it with her.  All I needed was to take one bite.  The pepper wasn’t too bad initially and then all of a sudden I felt a delayed burn actually it was more like pain on my tongue.  I tried eating more tortilla chips, drinking coke, and some water.  I even tried chewing gum.  After almost crying and feeling like my mouth was on fire my tongue felt back to normal maybe an hour later.  But I did it... and survived to tell about it! 
The lobbies of the hotel are beautiful.  Filled with flowers, trees, waterfalls, walking paths and benches it was fun to just walk around, take pictures, and enjoy it.  The hotel has several other restaurants in their lobbies so next time I’m in town I might just have to try out another.
Solario on Urbanspoon

No comments: