Saturday, July 7, 2012

Butter Cafe

Butter Cafe was another local restaurant I heard about through an offer on the Groupon website. 

The décor in Butter Café is fun.  The walls as you would expect, are painted the color of creamy butter, the menu is full of healthy, good sounding choices, and the drinks were served out of mason jars.  Parking was a little challenging and there was construction going on out front at the entrance which was a little bit difficult to navigate. 
The food was served reasonably quickly and the fresh strawberry lemonade I ordered was refreshing.  I ordered the skinny B**** frittata which had a wonderful sounding description in the menu.  It tasted rather bland though for all the ingredients it included.  My friend ordered blueberry pancakes.  She loved how the blueberries were big and fresh but said they tasted a little dry.

I heard about the Butter Café through a Groupon coupon and enjoyed trying it out but I don’t think it will be on my list of favorite restaurants to visit.  I'd be willing to give them another try though.
Butter Cafe on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Bakeaholic said...

A group of us tried Butter Cafe and while we enjoyed the sunny atmosphere and fun decor we were underwhelmed with the food. The blueberry pancakes came out doughy and once cooked properly and returned ,were just OK. The other five breakfast dishes, including two kids meals, were mediocre and unmemorable. I would be willing to go try them again, maybe. But, I'm in no rush to return.